Our client MAERSK, one of the world’s largest port and terminal operators based in the Netherlands, has signed a new concession agreement for the container terminal Zagrebačka Obala; Port of Rijeka. This is the largest project in the history of the Port of Rijeka, both in terms of importance and value, significantly expanding the port operations and logistics business of Rijeka and Croatia.
Currently, they are looking to build their team in Croatia and hire an ambitious and motivated individual in the position of:
HR People Advisor (m/f)
- Ensure adherence to HR procedures, practices, directives, systems and regulations in Croatia
- Support HR community with administrative and executional activities requiring face to face employee interaction i.e. wet signatures from employees, tasks related to frontline employees
- Assist with administrative tasks related to L&D, recruitment when needed
- Support training & change management activities, especially for frontline employees
- Support on deployment of projects
- Provide general HR support to employees around the employee life cycle and provide guidance on HR knowledge content, such as global & local HR policies, etc.
- Guide employees and leaders in using self-service in Workday and other HR systems
- Manage HR data quality and perform transactions in Workday and other HR systems
- Prepare and handle HR documentation
- Coordinate and administer onboarding and offboarding processes
- Execute required uploads/changes on the performance forms in the system
- Handle documents, i.e. physical archiving of employee documents where legally required, statutory filing of local documents, etc.
- Perform workforce scheduling, and administer time and leave data entry for blue collar population
- Ensure adherence to Maersk employment standards, legal, and union requirements related to workforce planning in the warehouse
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an HR role or several years’ experience in a customer-facing service role with an interest in pursuing a career in HR
- A degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Law or similar and knowledge of HR concepts are a strong advantage
- Knowledge of local labour law would be beneficial
- Experience working with HR systems, preferably Workday, is an asset
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills and keen attention to detail
- Drive to identify needs, investigate options, seek solutions and partner with other HR colleagues to resolve issues
- Professional proficiency in English
If you are interested in this position, please send your Curriculum Vitae in English by the 6th of December 2021. via the APPLICATION LINK.