Our client is Jadranski Pomorski Servis d.d. (J.P.S.), a ship-owning company born in 1956 and specialised in towage and salvage services, serving all Ports and Terminals from Rijeka and the surrounding area up to Zadar. J.P.S. is home port of 10 tugs, one barge and one crane, certified high quality standards, a team of more than 60 seamen with headquarter in Rijeka.
The company is part of the SCAFI group, an Italian family owned company currently operating also in Italy (La Spezia, Savona-Vado and Gioia Tauro), Morocco (Safi) and Greece (Piraeus and Saloniki), an international major operator in the towage & salvage industry in the Mediterranean Sea with a total fleet of over 40 owned tugs. For our client we are looking for a motivated and passionate person for the position of:
General Manager (m/f)
- Manage a Fleet of about 10 tugs and over 60 seamen who work in shifts 24h – 365 days a year well supported by a professional on-shore Team.
- Preserve a very good relationship with the Maritime Cluster and in particular with main Authorities and the entire shipping and local community.
- To guarantee the maximum quality and safety standards in the company and in the towage activity, in line with the Law and the group best practices.
- Manage and organize the Team effectively, sharing values, strategies and objectives, assign missions to achieve targets, supporting and leading the growth of the company and of the organization.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction and service quality, using excellent business development skills to build and maintain a strong client relationship and an efficient network.
- Contribute to the preparations of budgets and manage finance controls, work with the Team to achieve assigned targets.
- Build successful and cooperative relationship with Seamen.
- Adapt to and implement group corporate strategies in Croatia.
- Represent the Company in all main matters concerning local and national authorities, with support of and in line with strategies shared with Scafi.
- Reporting to the holding Scafi and contributing to the growth of the group.
- High people management skills and very well organised person.
- Strong culture and values of High Quality and Safety Standards Process.
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure, high availability.
- Commitment, role model, passion in work, listening skills.
- Experience in providing and assuring long-term relationship.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, fluency in English.
- Flexible, resilient and enthusiastic personality.
- Experience in a maritime, shipping or similar industry (oil&gas, chemical, logistics, aviation).
- Experienced working in multinational companies and multilingual environment.
- Great network with Shipping and Local Authorities or experience in building and maintaining relationships with high-level stakeholders.
- Experience and proven record of good management in complex working environment (blue collar workers, working in shifts, relationship with Union).
If you are interested in this position, please send your Curriculum Vitae before 13th of October via the APPLICATION LINK.