Our client, The American International School of Zagreb (AISZ) was founded in 1966 as an independent, non-profit, English-language day school offering an constructivist-based American curriculum, pre-kindergarten to grade 12, for expatriate families and internationally minded Croatian nationals who seek a comprehensive, contemporary, international standards-based curriculum.
As they grew, the school has moved six times through a number of a rented facilities. In October 2018, they moved to an A+ energy rated campus in Središće with an increased capacity for 480 students.
For our Client, we are currently looking for a motivated person for the position of:
Facility Manager (m/f)
- Plans, directs and, through subordinates and external companies, supervises facility management services including building and facility operating systems maintenance, repair and improvement, custodial services and security operations; reviews and evaluates current operating procedures and personnel practices and establishes procedures, practice and priorities in keeping with effective operations and cost factors; coordinates building and maintenance activities within the division and with other divisions and departments to obtain optimum school’s function and utilization of personnel and equipment.
- Recommends operating methods and equipment to maximize cost savings, service quality and safety.
- Establishes and enforces operating and safety standards and procedures for maintenance services and repair in line with the goals and objectives of the School Board and relevant local legal regulations; gives direction, resolves problems, prepares work schedules and sets deadlines to ensure completion of services
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates staff directly and through subordinate supervisors/lead workers
- Procurement of instructional supplies, materials and equipment for the school operation in line with sound business practices and School Board policies.
- Administer all contracts for the school with outside vendors, contractors, leasing arrangements
- Involved in the day to day activities which ensure all educational activities run smoothly
- Follow and implement all school policies and procedures as outlined in the School Board Policy Manual, the Business Office Procedures Manual and the Faculty Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned by the Business and Operations manager
- University degree at relevant technical university, preferably Machine engineer
- At least five years of facilities maintenance and operations experience that included some project/program budget preparation and monitoring
- Engineering experience with plants and machines preferably in a service industry (i.e. hotel, hospital…)
- Knowledge of technology and computer applications for Smart Building Systems and A+ energy rating building
- Ability to plan, organize and manage building operational services
- Flexible person with “can do” attitude
- Team player
- Microsoft Office
- Verbal and written communication skills in English and Croatian
- Valid Driver’s License (B)
If you are interested in this position, please send your Curriculum Vitae in English until 15 September 2019 via the APPLICATION LINK.