“Corporate social responsibility is the continuing commitment by business to behave ethically and contribute to economic development while improving the quality of life of the workforce and their families as well as of the local community and society at large.”
Making Good Business Sense, Richard Watt,
World Business Council for Sustainable Development, 2000.
SELECTIO group pays special attention to corporate social responsibility, implementing it in its everyday work and in a number of projects oriented towards the market.
SELECTIO group is a member of the Community for Socially Responsible Business at the Croatian Chamber of Economy and a signer of the UN Global Compact, an informal initiative based on dialogue, learning and collective action of business sector in cooperation with other society sectors, with the aim of promoting business ethics.
Activities of SELECTIO group in the field of corporate social responsibility
- Promoting volunteerism – by cooperating with associations, developing and promoting corporate volunteering.
- Development of philanthropy and fund-raising – In recent years, SELECTIO Ltd. is committed to invest in community development so with the support of Electus Human Resources and Electus DGS supports the work of SOS Children’s Village Croatia, Association “Play”, Association ADOPTA, Children home Zagreb – I. G. Kovačić, Association DEBRA and Association Krijesnica.
- Promoting employment of persons with disabilities – by cooperating with associations of persons with disabilities and organizations such as UNDP, a partner in the project “Employer of the Year for Persons With Disabilities Award”.
- Youth Employment Support – by organizing workshops for pupils, students and citizens to help them enter the labour market.
- Encouraging life-long learning – through cooperation with the Institute for Labour Market Development and other organisations on projects that contribute to the development of compentencies of different marginalised groups in the labour market, such as „Job College – Job Clubs“ (for unemployed youth), „Project 4P- Support+Employers+Job-seekers=Job“ (for unemployed persons with a disability) and various other projects.
- CEP and QHR – promoting high standards in human resource management.